There has been an obsessive focus on disinformation and “fake news” since Trump’s surprise election in 2016 as our feral elite seem determined to blame unofficial narratives rather than their disastrous mismanagement of the American empire.
Increasingly, it does not truly matter what the “facts” are, but the question of who do these “facts” serve and reward? For instance, lying is not a liability for a thriving career in corporate journalism but rather a vital asset — provided that the lies are in service of ruling class policies and the US empire.
Paraphrasing George Orwell–some lies are more equal than others.
The US/NATO proxy war against Russia in Ukraine has only made this dynamic more pronounced. Indeed, they’re not worried about the spread of disinformation, they’re worried about the spread of information that challenges the official narrative.
What’s crazy is that the US political/media class constantly rends its garments over “disinformation” about the Ukraine war even as US officials openly admit they’ve been using the media to circulate disinformation about that same war while the Biden administration imprisons and persecutes a journalist for exposing US war crimes.
Then we get the surreal spectacle of a former president accidentally blurting out that that the US is no better than Russia and that the only thing obscuring this is the fact that we are all swimming in a sea of disinformation and propaganda provided by that same political/media class. Because, “aw shucks gee willikers”, the US would never do anything like “launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq. I mean, of Ukraine.” George W. Bush’s Freudian confession illuminated all that spin and narrative management they’ve been pouring into the US proxy war in Ukraine, and then undoes it all with the Bush-ism to end all Bush-isms.
Of course, one expects the corporate media to follow the script and blame the evil Russians for the conflict in Ukraine but even anti-propaganda guru’s like Noam Chomsky have been chiming in. “I don’t think there are ‘significant lies’ in war reporting. The U.S. media are generally doing a highly creditable job in reporting Russian crimes in Ukraine. That’s valuable, just as it’s valuable that international investigations are underway in preparation for possible war crimes trials.”
Instead, I’ve come to believe that it’s all projection. While the US and western propaganda has consistently blamed Russia for massive war-crimes in Ukraine and depicting them as brutal villains there’s much evidence coming out of Ukraine that all is not what it seems.
For instance, there’s that whole bio-weapons thingy that got flushed down the memory-hole.
The provisional results of evidence being collected about the work of U.S. bioweapons in Ukraine are simply astonishing. These are the main takeaways.
1. U.S. bioweapon ideologues comprise the leadership of the Democratic Party. By linking with non-governmental biotechnology organizations, using the investment funds of the Clintons, Rockefellers, Soros and Biden, they profited from additional campaign financing – all duly concealed. In parallel, they assembled the legislative basis for financing the bioweapons program directly from the federal budget.
2. COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers Pfizer and Moderna, as well as Merck and Gilead – of Donald “known unknowns” fame, and affiliated with the Pentagon – were directly involved.
3. U.S. specialists tested new drugs in the Ukraine biolabs in circumvention of international safety standards. According to Kirillov, acting this way “Western companies seriously reduce the costs of research programs and gain significant competitive advantages.”
4. According to Kirillov, “along with U.S. pharmaceutical companies and Pentagon contractors, Ukrainian government agencies are involved in military biotechnology activities, whose main tasks are to conceal illegal activities, conduct field and clinical trials and provide the necessary biomaterial.”
5. The Pentagon, Kirillov pointed out, expanded its research potential not only in terms of producing biological weapons, but also gathering information on antibiotic resistance and the presence of antibodies to certain diseases among the population in specific regions. The testing ground in Ukraine was practically outside the control of the so-called “international community”.
Then there’s the prisoner torture that our erstwhile allies have been engaged in. Remember–stand with Ukraine? Le Monde has verified and published a video that shows a Ukrainian ‘volunteer battalion’, led by a known criminal, torturing Russian prisoners of war. The upshot is that the US has introduced into Ukraine, the spores of a particularly virulent variant of European fascism that “combine all the features” of Nazism (such as antisemitism, extreme nationalism, violence, etc.) in order to attack Russia.
I know. Color me surprised that the US would employ Nazi’s as proxies after essentially doing the same thing with al-Qaeda in Syria. Ditto on the bio-weapon labs. This is what the US empire does in a normal working day to maintain control over a contentious world and for you to make sense of all the propaganda it’s important to recognize that the US is a failing empire and our elites want constant war because they see no other way to preserve the American-centric world order.
Presently, they are laying the propaganda so thick and I’m hardly being hyperbolic calling it an information battle space.
Update: In a surprising bit of good news it seems as if the ministry of truth has bitten the dust–“Biden puts disinfo ‘Mary Poppins’ on ice, scraps Orwellian DHS board”.
Of course, it was all blamed on people harshing-on poor Ms Jankowicz and saying mean things about the Homeland Security Administration.